SYNERGY! Is a one-day festival experience celebrating and championing high school choirs and the voices of youth, while highlighting Canadian choral music. It is a day-long experience for choirs to come together to connect with one another and to celebrate their work and their conductors, while promoting Canadian choral music.
The focus of this festival is to foster and nurture connections between various High School choirs and their directors in a non-competitive, pro “growth, discovery and sharing” environment. SYNERGY! is meant to be a positive and friendly experience so that singers can meet each other, learn from each other, and sing together as one big group of kindred spirits! Developing choirs are especially welcomed! The goal of SYNERGY! is to build community within and between High School choirs in the area. It is hoped that SYNERGY! will inspire future collaborations between participating choirs, and widen the network of choral directors in the area. We also hope you will gain more tips, techniques and repertoire ideas too.
Sessions throughout the day will include:
- Group warm ups: directors get more tools for their choral toolbox!
- Breakout sessions to work on vocal technique and repertoire; voice-part specific issues and tips
- Special session for student accompanists
- Rehearsals for a massed piece by Canadian composer that we will perform together at the end of the day
- A sharing session of informal performances from each of the participating choirs as a way to celebrate each choir in a nurturing, supportive, growth opportunity / non-competitive way.
- Repertoire sharing session: conductors bring their repertoire from the year to “show and tell”.
- A list of “recommended repertoire” will be generated so that conductors leave with ideas for future programming. Joel Tranquilla will offer lists of recommended Canadian choral music for treble and SATB choirs.
- Coastal Sound Youth Choir will present an informal performance as a way to demonstrate some of the concepts worked on during the day, and to highlight some great Canadian rep.
LUNCH: a vegan, nut-free, gluten-free lunch will be provided for $8 per person, for those wishing to participate. Please pre-order with us.
If you belong to a high school choir and would like to sign your choir up for the event, please fill out this registration form, and email it, along with any questions you may have to email@example.com.
Please note: Synergy is not a public event – attendees must be pre-registered with a choir.