Book your placement interview here!
Our Treble Choirs can sing together as one choral group but they mostly rehearse and perform as individual choirs to best meet the specific music learning and vocal needs of each stage of musical and social/ emotional development. We’re serious about making music learning joyful, playful and creative, while striving for musical excellence, friendships and learning healthy vocal technique and music theory!
Coastal Sound Kids
Coastal Sound Junior Choir
Coastal Sound Kids: Angie Lundin & Laura Epp, Directors
Coastal Sound Junior Choir: Deanna Gestrin, Director
Krista Pederson, accompanist
Learn more about the Artistic Team here.
|Coastal Sound Kids||Tuesdays, 5:00-6:30 pm|
|Coastal Sound Junior Choir||Tuesdays, 5:00-6:30 pm|
Theory/sight-singing drop in classes will be announced in Fall/ Winter 2021
Blakeburn Elementary, 1040 Riverside Drive, Port Coquitlam, BC V3B 8A7
|Choir||Annual Payment in Full||Monthly Payment (10 months)|
|Coastal Sound Kids||$600.00||$65.00 per month|
|Coastal Sound Junior Choir||$600.00||$65.00 per month|
- $150 per family, Donation in Lieu
- Some uniform pieces may need to be provided or purchased.
- Theory, sight-singing materials costs are included in tuition fees.
All fees are payable at the first rehearsal, by cash, cheque or Visa/Mastercard.
*Families with 2 or more singers enrolled at Coastal Sound receive our special family discount. Contact us for more information!
Vocal Assessment & Placement Interview Process
All Treble Choir applicants will participate in a 10 minute friendly placement interview/vocal assessment. It’s like a mini voice lesson. We simply want to find the best choir fit for singers, so that they can be successful! In 2021, Placement Interviews will be done via ZOOM.
What to expect:
- Sing a short song like O Canada or Happy Birthday. There is no accompanist. We want to hear if singers match pitch, but we also understand that singers are just beginning, and just learning these skills, and we’ll help you learn them!
- Applicants for more advanced choirs sight-sing a short, simple musical passage. Don’t worry if you don’t already read music! We’ll teach you how to do that.
- An aural skills evaluation (echo back short melodies)
- A short interview: our conductor looks for many things including a positive attitude, a flexible and open learning style, and a willingness to grow and develop as a musician- no matter how young or old you are!
We will be accepting new singers to start in September, 2021. We look forward to meeting you!