Book your placement interview here!
Our Apprentice Choirs can sing together as one large choral group and they also rehearse and perform as individual choirs to best meet the specific music learning and vocal technique needs of each level of musical and social/ emotional development. We’re serious about making music learning joyful, playful and creative, while striving for musical excellence and learning healthy vocal technique and music theory!
boys & girls, ages 6 and up
boys & girls, grades 2/3 and up
Coastal Sound Boychoir (Con BRO)
boys, grades 3 and up
girls, grade 4 and up
Con Brio: Angie Lundin & Laura Epp, Director
Con Vita: Angie Lundin & Laura Epp, Directors
Coastal Sound Boychoir: Deanna Gestrin, Director
Con Bella: Diana Clark, Director
Kyu Min Sigerson, accompanist
Learn more about the Artistic Team here.
|Con Brio||Tuesdays, 5:00-6:30 pm|
|Con Vita||Tuesdays, 5:00-6:30 pm|
|Coastal Sound Boychoir||Tuesdays, 5:00-6:30 pm|
|Con Bella||Tuesdays, 5:00-6:30 pm|
Theory/sight-singing drop in class for Boychoir and Con Bella is 4:30-5:00pm. This is an optional “go at your own pace” class. There is no additional fee for this class.
Blakeburn Elementary, 1040 Riverside Drive, Port Coquitlam, BC V3B 8A7
|Choir||Annual Payment in Full||Monthly Payment (10 months)|
|Con Brio||$625.00||$72.00 per month|
|Con Vita||$625.00||$72.00 per month|
|Coastal Sound Boychoir||$625.00||$72.00 per month|
|Con Bella||$825.00||$92.00 per month|
- Polo Shirt Uniform for Con Brio and Con Vita: $25
- Con Bella & Boychoir: Personalized Folder (one-time purchase, made to last a life time!): $45. You may already have a professional black choral folder that you can use.
- Theory, CD, sight-singing materials costs are included in tuition fees.
- Timberline Ranch Retreat September 27-29th is included in Registration, and includes meals, lodging, horseback riding, singing workshops and activities.
All fees are payable at the first rehearsal, by cash, cheque or Visa/Mastercard.
*Families with 2 or more singers enrolled at Coastal Sound receive our special family discount. Contact us for more information!
Vocal Assessment Process
All Con Brio, Con Vita, Boychoir and Con Bella applicants will participate in a 10 minute friendly placement evaluation/vocal assessment. We simply want to find the best choir fit for singers, so that they can be successful!
Here is an outline of our evaluation process:
- Applicants sing a short song like O Canada or Happy Birthday. There is no accompanist at the evaluation. We want to hear if singers match pitch, but we also understand that singers are just beginning, and just learning these skills, and we’ll help you learn them!
- Applicants for more advanced choirs sight-sing a short, simple musical passage. Don’t worry if you don’t already read music! We’ll teach you how to do that.
- Our Artistic Team performs an aural skills evaluation (echo back short melodies)
- We invite you for a short interview: our conductor looks for many things in your audition including a positive attitude, a flexible and open learning style, and a willingness to grow and develop as a musician- no matter how young or old you are!
We will be accepting new singers to start in September, 2019. We look forward to meeting you!