Book your placement interview here!
Our Apprentice Choirs can sing together as one large choral group and they also rehearse and perform as individual choirs to best meet the specific music learning and vocal technique needs of each level of musical and social/ emotional development. We’re serious about making music learning joyful, playful and creative, while striving for musical excellence and learning healthy vocal technique and music theory!
boys & girls, ages 6 and up
boys & girls, grades 2/3 and up
Coastal Sound Boychoir (Con BRO)
boys, grades 3 and up
girls, grade 4 and up
Con Brio: Angie Lundin & Laura Epp, Director
Con Vita: Angie Lundin & Laura Epp, Directors
Coastal Sound Boychoir: Deanna Gestrin, Director
Con Bella: Diana Clark, Director
Kyu Min Sigerson, accompanist
Learn more about the Artistic Team here.
|Con Brio||Tuesdays, 5:00-6:30 pm|
|Con Vita||Tuesdays, 5:00-6:30 pm|
|Coastal Sound Boychoir||Tuesdays, 5:00-6:30 pm|
|Con Bella||Tuesdays, 5:00-6:30 pm|
|Choir||Annual Payment in Full||Monthly Payment (10 months)|
|Con Brio||$625.00||$72.00 per month|
|Con Vita||$625.00||$72.00 per month|
|Coastal Sound Boychoir||$625.00||$72.00 per month|
|Con Bella||$625.00||$72.00 per month|
- Polo Shirt Uniform for Con Brio and Con Vita: $25
- Con Bella & Boychoir: Personalized Folder (one-time purchase, made to last a life time!): $45. You may already have a professional black choral folder that you can use.
- Theory, CD, sight-singing materials costs are included in tuition fees.
All fees are payable at the first rehearsal, by cash, cheque or Visa/Mastercard.
*Families with 2 or more singers enrolled at Coastal Sound receive our special family discount. Contact us for more information!
All Con Brio, Con Vita, Boychoir and Con Bella applicants will participate in a 10 minute friendly placement evaluation/audition. Here is an outline of our audition process:
- Applicants sing a short song like O Canada or Happy Birthday. There is no accompanist at the audition. We want to hear if you match pitch.
- Applicants sight-sing a short, simple musical passage. Don’t worry if you don’t already read music! We’ll teach you how to do that.
- Our Artistic Team performs an aural skills evaluation (echo back short melodies)
- We invite you for a short interview: our conductors looks for many things in your audition including a positive attitude, a flexible and open learning style, and a willingness to grow and develop as a musician- no matter how young or old you are!
We will be accepting new singers to start in September, 2018. We look forward to meeting you!